2012 Santa Claus Parade Results:
Judging by the smiles on everyone’s faces, the 26th Annual Santa Claus Parade was a great success! Thank you very much to everyone who had an entry in the parade. It really was a wonderful evening. Sarah Curle-Andrews was a terrific part of our Santa Claus Parade and really had the children and families around the Stampede Stage involved prior to the start of the parade. She encouraged groups of youngsters onto the Stampede Stage and had a lot of fun singing “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer” and other favorites. The fire pits (manned by volunteers from the Chamber of Commerce) were again popular to take the chill off and thanks to a number of businesses and the United Church, there was lots of hot chocolate and goodies to go around. Our panel of 7 judges, who were placed around the entire parade route, had their work cut out for them. This year we added two new categories: “Financial Institutions” and “Walking Groups” due to an increased number of entries over the last few years. The number of “ties” show how close all the entries scores were. Judges base their scores on Music, Lights, Theme and Participation.
Commercial Float In Town:
Tied for First: Lutes Timbermart Building Centre, D & S Auto
Tied for Second: High River AutoPlex & RV, Farmboy Landscaping & Maintenance
Tied for Third: Ramada Inn & Super 8, Town of High River
Honorable Mention: Sobey’s, Mike’s Hi-Tech Transmission Service
Commercial Out of Town:
Tied for First: Town of Okotoks, Canadian Tire – Okotoks, Aspen Crossing – Mossleigh
Second: Encore Excavating – Blackie
Third: Traxx Motor Coach – Airdrie
Organizations: Churches, Schools & Youth
Tied for First: Highwood High School, Independent Order of Oddfellows & Rebekahs
Tied for Second: Cayley School, High River Stetsons 4H Club,
Tied for Third: Foothills Al Azhar Shriners, Salvation Army, Ecole Beau Soleil, Meadowbank 4H Club, Notre Dame Collegiate, Downtown Business Association, High River LDS Church
First: Bar E Ranch
Tied for Second Place: McBride Career Group, Foothills Search & Rescue
Tied for First Place: Bank of Montreal (BMO), Servus Credit Union
Tied for Second Place: TD Canada Trust, Western Financial Group
Antique Cars, Trucks & Tractors:
First Place: Highwood Shedders
Second: Nanton Boosters Club
Third: Moody’s Equipment
First Place: Ecole Rt. Hon. Joe Clark School
Tied for Second: Tomlin Trick Dogs, Southern Alberta Working/Herding Dog Association, Cottonwood Dental
Tied: Lutes Building Centre, Town of Okotoks, D & S Auto, Aspen Crossing
(Santa’s new float got quite a few votes, but it’s Santa’s parade so he really isn’t eligible)
Thank you! to everyone who participated and made this such a great event!
• To all the entrants in the Parade
• To Sarah Curle who put on such a great show on the Stampede Stage
• To the Calgary Exhibition & Stampede ‘Stampede Stage’ volunteers
• To all the businesses and groups who had hot chocolate, coffee, hot dogs, candy canes and cookies around the parade route
• To Lynette and Sharon at the Chamber of Commerce
• The Town of High River and the Town Operations Dep’t.
• John Russell and the volunteers from the River City Classics Car Club and Rotary Club for their help in re-doing Santa’s float
• The Kinsmen Club of High River
• the Rotary Club of High River
• the River City Classics Car Club
• To AM1140, Sun Country 99.7FM, the Eagle 100.9FM and the High River Times
• To the RCMP, High River Protective Services, the Fire Dep’t. and EMS
• And especially, to all the people who came out to cheer on our entries in the parade and make this such a memorable evening!
We look forward to seeing everyone again on Friday, December 6th, 2013 for our
27th Annual Santa Claus Parade. The theme will be “Christmas Around the World”.
Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year!
Ted Dawson, Chairman
High River Santa Claus Parade